Support This Website! Shop Here!

Monday, August 17, 2015

Why We Harvest Babies Like Wheat

One of the original labor-saving devices was a book. Once written language is invented, I can now bi-locate, I can now be in two locations at once. My physical body/self is in one room/building/city, while my "second" self is the book I wrote that you hold in your hands. The book explains a concept, describes a situation, tells a story in my stead. I no longer have to physically be present to do these things for you or with you. The book does them in my place. I can now be in multiple locations, telling everyone the same story, giving everyone the same instructions.

Now, it is true, the book is not as flexible as I am. I can be asked a question, I can elaborate on or explain an obscure point. But - if I have written clearly enough and you are literate enough, smart enough to take my true meaning - my alter ego's inflexibility can be worked around. Its inflexibility becomes invisible to you as you read my book.

In fact, if my book is clear enough, and you are smart enough to take its meaning, I have definitely put someone out of a job. People who explain the process I just explained in the book will not find as willing a buyer in you - the one who purchased my book - as they do in George, who has not the benefit of my book. I have taken their jobs. Indeed, I have taken my own job. If you have my book, and my book is clear enough, you don't even need my physical presence to explain the process.

For me, that is not a problem. I get paid not only for my physical presence teaching A, but also - at the same time - I am earning money from you who are located in B. My earning power per unit time is increased. I am taking employment, money, from the other people who teach the skill I explain and making sure I get all of it, or more of it.

A lever is a machine. Machines take jobs. When I use a lever, I can lift an object that I could not otherwise lift by myself. Instead of requiring two or three men to lift that boulder out of the way, I alone am sufficient. When I use a lever, I take jobs from other men, men who might need jobs.

People who are smart enough to use levers take jobs and money away from people who are not smart enough to use them. After all, people who don't use levers must hire additional help. Since I use a lever, I have extra money to spend on other things. And I may decide to spend them on actual things - buy more machines, in order to save more money. So, instead of hiring ten laborers, perhaps I only hire three laborers and buy three levers.

Is it immoral to use machines and books to take jobs?
The Church has never said it is.
But all of you who teach this skill for a living, all of you are impoverished by my book.
All of you who lift heavy objects for a living, all of you are impoverished by my lever.
You have to find new skills, new work. The old jobs are gone.

A robot is just a book. It doesn't work without instructions - a computer program. I wrote that program, I wrote those detailed instructions. I gave the computer the instructions it needs to accomplish whatever task it accomplishes. The more robots in use, the more money I earn. I have cloned myself via the robot. Even if there is only one robot programmed by a team, that team of programmers clones itself as a team in the actions of that robot.

Robots, like books, are not smart. They are less flexible, completely unable to innovate a solution, just like a book. But they take jobs even better than books do, because they can actually perform the instructions instead of merely describe them. Any machine can take a job, but automated machines take huge chunks of jobs.

As agriculture began to use more and more machines, agricultural jobs disappeared. Prior to the Industrial Revolution, 80% of the population had to farm to feed the country. Now only 2% do, and they produce six times the food. Prior to the Computer Revolution, many people were employed in manufacturing. Now few people are, yet we manufacture more goods than we ever have in history.

When a job is automated, the smart person takes that job from the stupid person. The smarter the person, or the smarter the team, the more intricate the tools. The more intricate the tools, the easier it is to take more complicated jobs.

The first persons to lose are those disabled by weak bodies or weak minds. Children don't work anymore, they go to school. Machines have taken their jobs. Old people don't work anymore, they retire. Machines have taken their jobs. Long schooling is now required to enter many aspects of the workforce, because machines have taken the jobs of those with less schooling. Those who cannot endure the schooling have few or no jobs - the machines have taken those jobs.

The machines are clones of the people who could endure the schooling. These people learned the necessary skills either from a book or from a group of people (e.g., a college or office) or both. They then figured out how to clone themselves and take jobs. They also take the pay for those jobs. That is how a person gets rich.

By definition, half the population has an IQ below 100. They have been, and will be, increasingly cut out of the workforce. They cannot gain dignity from social status. They have none. They cannot gain dignity from work. They have none.

Their only dignity resides in their relationship with God. But in a society which wants God dead, that relationship is increasingly difficult to maintain for those who need it most. So the poor and weak will be killed. Better yet, steps will be taken to ensure that they do not reproduce.

This is why Pope Francis insists on the need for jobs.
He sees what is happening.
But machines do jobs more efficiently than people.
No one, not even the poor, really want to lose the comforts that machines provide.

Society used to assign dignity either through social status or employment or both. Today, sociaety cannot give large segments of the population dignity either through social status or employment.

The only thing that can restore dignity to those people is our individual and corporate relationships with God. God gives a dignity no one can take away. But what if we do not want God in the public sphere? If society cannot give dignity to those without dignity, and refuses to give God to those without dignity, then how shall those persons regain dignity?

Given the pace of change, if we reject God-given dignity, then the only other resolution is murder. The poor and the weak have no dignity, so they can be safely killed. Indeed, the poor and the weak owe society death. After all, if the poor and the weak cannot be useful by giving us their work, then we must make them useful by harvesting their bodies. The poor and weak become a crop to reap.

Thus, the Communist Chinese harvest organs from political prisoners consigned to be executed, and the Democrat Americans harvest organs from innocent babies consigned to be executed. Once Christianity is separated from State, once the iron law of the machine and the book is accepted as the pre-eminent law, it is all perfectly sensible.

1 comment:

bobef said...

Many of those without society-given dignity receive government financial aid (e.g., Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, food stamps, etc.). Most countries are at peak debt now, so governments will push the trend to reduce the headcount of those receiving financial support through premature death.

I also think there's a segment of those with society-given "dignity" who believe we are killing the planet, and that their solution is policies that directly or indirectly reduce headcount.