If we were to get rid of our immigration laws, the U.S. population would explode in an uncontrollable fashion. According to a recent study, as many as 1 in 6 persons around the world would leave their countries and come here. That's one billion people, many of them would have tremendous cultural differences that would make much of this nation unrecognizable. Our population is up to 300 million. Do you honestly believe we should allow our population to double or even triple in the next hundred years or so? Our quality of life would evaporate into even more gridlock and crime, not to mention the burden on social services. Your open borders would see something like one billion people in America by the next century, America would turn into a chaotic welfare state.....bleeeech.
The points are curious.
While 1 in 6 would like to come here, it's highly unlikely that such a large percentage would actually make it. But even if they did, how would this loss of culture be any different than what we have already experienced?
Consider the country of George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Andrew Jackson and Abraham Lincoln:
They lived in a country:
- 80% agrarian (we are now 80% urban),
- built around family farms with
- no abortion or contraception,
- no naked women in advertisements,
- no naked couples publicly copulating in theaters to the delight of audiences,
- no mass shootings (apart from shooting Indians),
- institutional slavery,
- no vote for women, slaves or men without property,
- virtually no divorce,
- virtually no standing army,
- the bare minimum of a navy,
- no separation of church and state (in the modern sense),
- government representation at a much higher per capita level than today,
- no all-powerful Supreme Court (SCOTUS was seen as the WEAKEST of the three branches, even decades after the ruling which ostensibly gave it supreme power),
- no Environmental Protection Agency,
- no CIA, FBI, NSA or Secret Service,
- no Social Security,
- No Medicare/Medicaid,
- no corporations,
- no taxes on personal income,
- no taxes on business income (there was no corporate income - see point above),
- no sales tax,
- no Department of Education,
- no public school system,
- virtually no private school system,
- no literacy problems (nearly 100% literacy in the colonies in all the decades prior to the Civil War).
So what's the beef?
We're worried that Hispanics may change our culture?
Without a rapid increase in population, we will not have enough people to sustain the changes we have already imposed - Social Security will collapse, despite the extra billions of dollars poured into the coffers by illegals with fake SSNs. Old people will have to be euthanized. And Muslim Europe is growing more Muslim by the minute.
So, which is the greater danger: the Hispanics or us?