People, we are told, will drive hours to attend a Traditional Latin Mass.
Well, often, they make that sacrifice because they don't understand the Mass very well. As one traditionalists told me: "I don't feel like I've been to Mass unless it's the TLM."
Wow - so many errors packed into one little sentence:
How is this not Protestantism?
- Catholic Faith is reduced to feeling
- Feeling is so screwed up that it cannot detect Christ at a valid Mass
- Implicit assertion that personal feeling is infallible
- Implicit refusal to acknowledge the validity of the Novus Ordo
- It's all about ME, not about God.
And then they wonder why bishops aren't interested in encouraging this attitude.
Yeah, there's a mystery.