Support This Website! Shop Here!

Thursday, July 02, 2015

SCOTUS Quotes Vatican II

Well, Clarence Thomas essentially did.

George Takei, the sodomite made famous by Star Trek, recently went on an ignorant rant against Clarence Thomas. Many Catholics took Takei's side, saying essentially "I think most Americans, including some on the right, were appalled at Thomas' claim that slaves did not have their dignity taken away. "

I distinctly remember reading that passage from Thomas' dissent, and I nearly gave him a standing ovation when I saw it. It is so rare to see Catholic doctrine so clearly enunciated, much less in a SCOTUS opinion. Justice Clarence Thomas virtually quoted Vatican II in that sentence:
"[W]hatever insults human dignity, such as… slavery, prostitution, the selling of women and children; as well as disgraceful working conditions, where men are treated as mere tools for profit, rather than as free and responsible persons; all these things and others of their like are infamies indeed. They poison human society, but they do more harm to those who practice them than those who suffer from the injury." (emphasis added) Gaudium et Spes (“The Church in the Modern World”), Vatican II, 1965 #27
Every Catholic should stand with Thomas and the Second Vatican Council in reiterating the point. No one can take away human dignity. Even my sins can only begin to chip at it. Part of our suffering in hell will derive precisely from the dignity of each individual human being, human beings made in the image and likeness of God, who suffer separation from the Godhead.

Clarence Thomas is brilliant, and he brilliantly summarized conciliar documents in that sentence.

3 comments:

Mike said...

Clarence Thomas is automatically excommunicated from the Catholic Church ... for physical participation in the vatican-2 heretic cult ... and promoting the same cult.

Thomas is in violation of the below Dogma (and others) for participating in v-2 ...

Council of Florence, Session 14, 7 August 1445 -- Ex-Cathedra Dogma >
"I will always hold, confess, preach and teach whatever the Holy Roman Church holds, confesses, teaches and preaches and I reject, anathematize and condemn whatever she rejects, anathematizes and condemns; in (the) future I will always reject, anathematize and condemn ... every other heresy raising its head against this Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church."

He is not rejecting his satanic cult ... that rejects Catholic Dogma.

Ann said...

At first I thought this comment was a joke, but, sadly I realized it's not. I really am floored by the nature and tone of these comments. I think the following Scripture quote works best, and I'm using my favorite Douay-Rheins version: Matt. 7, vs. 5: Thou hypocrite, cast out first the beam in thy own eye, and then shalt thou see to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

Ann said...

By the way, my comment was directed to Mike's comment, not Steve's published blog entry.