- parental rights are absolutely absolute,
- the state has no right whatsoever to step between a child and his parents,
- parents have the right to take their child to any country in the world if those parents believe there is even the smallest chance of improving the child's life.
- Even if the travel puts the child at grave risk of death, SCREW IT! Those parents have the right to do it!
Well, Catholic-American bloggers are nothing if not consistent. When the news came out that President Donald Trump's MAGA government explicitly and emphatically
- denied that parental rights are absolutely absolute
- insisted the state has every right to step between the child and his parents,
- reviled the idea that parents have the right to take their children to other countries
- and argued that the very trip itself was simply too dangerous for the child, so the government has the right to actively kidnap the child and keep the parents from ever seeing their own child again...
What do you mean all of those CABs are silent as the grave?
But... but.... but... consistency!
What about parental rights?
I mean, even the British didn't take Alfie away from his parents. They just wouldn't let Alfie on a plane, lest he die... too dangerous, in the government's view. But even the British never denied the parents access to their own child.
Trump, on the other hand, is actually snatching the kids, separating the families, making sure the parents never see their own children again. And doing this not just to one child, but thousands of children, not just one set of parents, but thousands of parents, not just one family, but thousands of families. The regular snatching of children away from their parents is now an exercise of official American government policy.
Sooo.... what happened to all that noise about Catholic Family Values (tm)?
Where did those click-mongers disappear to?
Oh... that's right.
For "conservative" Catholic Americans, Catholic values are disposable horseshit compared to the value in protecting Trump's legacy. That's what American Catholic Bloggers think. That's how they treat the Trumpian nightmare versus Alfie's nightmare. Trump is kidnapping the children of a bunch of Catholic Mexicans, but screw our brothers and sisters in the Faith. We support TRUMP, dammit, not a bunch of sniveling brown-skinned Catholics!
People sometimes question why I never read anyone in Catholic media.
The blow-up over Alfie vs the silence over Trump... yeah, that's why.