So, we would rather be a chef (French) than a cook (from the German kuchen, to cook). And hospitals ask us for a feces sample (French) rather than a shit sample (from the German "scheissen").
But, in the case of the Myers-Briggs personality test, those good old Anglo-Saxon words apply. It is pure horseshit or bullshit, depending on which species you prefer.
- Myers-Briggs is the fad that won't die
- It was invented by two housewives and has no scientific basis
- It was based on Carl Jung's theories, and Jung believed in astrology
- It ranks right up there with phrenology and astrology in its accuracy.
- It is as nonsensical as hanging garlic to get rid of vampires
It is the way people with college educations justify mindless superstition.
Make it stop.